Member recipe by bakingchef15
- 8oz suet pastry
- 5 tbsp jam, syrup or marmalade
- Heat oven to 200c, 400f, Gas mark 6. Grease a baking tray.
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface to 25.5x20.5cm (10x8inch) rectangle.
- Spread with jam, syrup or marmalade to within 2.5cm (1inch) of the edges to prevent jam burning.
- Moisten edges with water. Roll up loosely from narrow end. Press edges to seal. Place roll on tray with the join underneath and bake for 30-35 min. Alternatively loosely wrap in greaseproof paper and foil and steam for 1 1/2 hours