Bavarian apple tart
Member recipe by stephie_kay
If our two classic favourites of applie pie and cheesecake had a baby together, then this would be their delicious creation.
- 110g unsalted butter
- 70g sugar
- 1tsp almond extract
- 130g plain flour
- 5 cooking apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 70gr brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 250g cream cheese
- 1tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- crushed almonds (optional)
- Preheat over to 230C. Make your crust by creaming together the butter, sugar and then flour and extract. Press this as evenly as possible onto the base of a springform tin and slightly up the sides.
- Prepare your apples by microwaving the slices on a high heat for about 3-5 minutes until softer. Toss the slices with the sugar and cinnamon and set aside to cool slightly
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Then beat in the egg, vanilla and then the flour. Pour this mixture on the crust base.
- Place the sliced apples as decoratively (or as messy) as desired over the top (some will sink in) and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 190 and leave in for 25 minutes more. Sprinkle some crushed almonds on top and leave to cool before serving.