Simple Club Med Curry
Member recipe by the_edventure
A simple flavoursome curry that I learnt whilst staying at Club Med in Cherating, Malaysia.
- Cubed chicken 2000g
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Onion 100g
- Ginger 30 grams
- Oil 30g
- Curry leaves 2g
- Tomato 100g
- Garlic 50g
- Lemongrass 2 sticks
- Screw pine leaves 2 leaves [optional]
- Fennel seed 5g
- Cumin 5g
- Cloves, cardamom, star anis 1g
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Chili powder 2 tsps
- Curry powder 5tsps
- Milk / Coconut milk 50g or as required
- Fry all of the ingredients in [A] from chicken to the star anise until the oil splits, lower the heat, add [B] ingredients and mix well forming a paste.
- Put in chicken and mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- After this, remove cover and stir. There will be a thick gravy when you open the pot, add water to your desired gravy thickness.
- Add milk/coconut milk and let it cook for another 10mins.
- Remove the prepared chicken and let it rest for another 10-15 mins before serving