Chicken and haricot beans
Member recipe by elessario
Quick and easy pan fried chicken in a white wine sauce with mushrooms and haricot beans
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 300g)
- 1/2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp oil (sunflower or olive)
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 ml bouillon or vegetable stock
- 150 ml white wine
- 410g tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- salt and pepper to season
- Cut the chicken into strips. Mix the herbs into the flour and cover the chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saute or frying pan and brown the chicken. It does not need to be completely cooked through at this stage. Remove from pan.
- Add the other tbsp of oil to the pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 or 4 minutes. Then add the garlic, stock, wine and beans, plus the remaining flour and herb mix. Bouillon makes this very tasty, but season if your stock is leaving it tasting a little bland.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the creme fraiche and serve with rice or potatoes and green beans. Easy enough to double the quantities to feed more!
- Serves 2 very hungry people or 3 people with smaller appetites - and freezes well too, but don't add the creme fraiche if you are intending to freeze portions; add that when you reheat it.