Homemade Flower Cookies
Member recipe by stelladias77
Super easy to make and lots of fun for kids. They are very easy to make!
- 60 grams butter
- 40 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 15 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 whole egg beaten
- 150 grams flour, all-purpose
- Preheat oven to 200 C degrees.
- Mix baking powder and flour, sift well.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, beat well .
- Add 1/2 of the beaten egg and vanilla, beat well. Then, mix in the flour mixture. It will be stiff so you may want to stir with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for one hour or until easy to handle.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- You need three cookie cutters for this (one flower shaped cookie cutter that is about 2 -1/2 inches across, the second needs to be a circle that is about 1 inch across, and the third should be a circle that is about 3/4 inch across).
- Using the flower shaped cookie cutter, cut 15 cookies. Next using the second round shaped cookie cutter, cut 15 more round cookies. After that, take the round cookies and cut a round shape out of the middle of that cookie using the third cutter. Now separate the middle, smallest size round.
- Next brush the medium sized cookie circle with some of the remaining beaten egg, then place that over the top of the flower cookie.
- Place cookies in a greased muffin tray. Place one tablespoon of jam in the middle of the inner circle of each cookie.
- ace cookies in a greased muffin tray. Place one tablespoon of jam in the middle of the inner circle of each cookie. Bake 8 minutes until light golden. Iâve done this in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy.
- see my website