Member recipe by jordangenevieve
Add 80ml olives, pitted and sliced, to give this pasta a more mediterranean flavour.
- 300g tagliatelle
- 15ml butter
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 30ml capers
- 5ml dried chilli flakes
- 30ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 30ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, capers and chilli flakes (aswell as olives if you include them) and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the parsley and basil.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water until al dente and drain.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce generously poured over, garnished with the coriander.