Member recipe by emmaverde
- 400g of beef thinly sliced (any cut)
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion
- 220g celery
- 150g carrot
- 250ml red wine
- 600ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of passatta
- 1 Leek
- Stuffing Ingredients
- 1 small onion
- 3 rashers of smoked bacon
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Fry the onions, garlic, mushrooms until soft. Add to the raw bacon and set aside.
- Place the beef on a flat surface and beat with a rolling pin or food hammer until very thin (approx 1cm thick). Spread each beef slice with the mustard. Fill with the prepared stuffing.
- Cut the leek in half and blanche for 30 seconds in boiling water/cold water so that the leek is stringy. Cut the leek in thin strips long ways.
- Roll the beef slices over the stuffing and use the leek strings to secure the beef. Fry the beef on all sides until brown and place in an oven proof dish.
- Fry the remaining onion, carrot and celery in a pan for 5 minutes. Add passatta, red wine and beef stock and stir. Pour over the beef olives and cook in the oven with a lid on for 3 hours.
- Remove the beef olives from the dish and keep warm. Blend the remaining sauce until no lumps remain. Served with seasonal vegetables.