A "Quick" Beef Stroganoff
Member recipe by davidjcooke
This a very tasty alternative to a traditional family meal, but very quick and easy to make
- 500 g rump steak
- 2 tbsp, plain flour
- 2 tbsp, paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp, olive oil
- 1 large white onion, halved and sliced into half-moons
- 1 red pepper, sliced into long strips
- 200 gms large field mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 oxo/beef stock cube
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 250-300 ml. sour cream
- Place the flour and paprika in a medium sized bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Slice the steak into finger sized pieces, and then coat them in the flour all over.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, and fry the white onion until translucent (5 mins) then add the floured steak slices to the onions, and fry for a further five to seven minutes (you may need to add a little more oil), don't worry about bits sticking to the frying pan, they will loosen those up later. NOTE: If you like your meat well cooked cook for ten minutes .
- Add the mushrooms and the red pepper slices and fry for a further few minutes.
- Prepare the beef stock and add water to about 250 ml, and then add to the steak and vegetables, add the white wine vinegar, check the seasoning and leave to cook on a low heat for a further 20 mins .
- Finally add the soured cream, and stir into the stroganoff to taste. If you overdo the vinegar, just add a little brown sugar to neutralise.
- Serve with roast potatoes and enjoy