Home Made Beef Burgers
Member recipe by JAYv2
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and add the diced onions.
- Reduce down the heat and let the onions sweat slowly, adding in the garlic to ensure it doesn't burn and become bitter.
- Add the beef to a mixing bowl and break up with your fingers.
- Tip in the onions and garlic, once cooled slightly and mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper and the dijon mustard.
- Pour in the egg and ensure that it has been mixed right the way through the beef and onions.
- Seperate the mixture into 4 portions and start moulding using your hands into burgers. Create a depression in the centre, this will ensure the burgers cook evenly and flat. Place in the fridge to chilled and stiffen.
- Once chilled and with the barbeque lit and the coals simmered down, place the burgers on the BBQ.
- Ensure that each side has sealed, if not they'll fall apart when you lift them off. Turn them over until cooked through or to the desired pinkness in the centre.
- Serve on crusty ciabatta with fresh watercress or leafy salad and enjoy. These can be frozen and defrosted for use later on.