Aubergine and Rocket Risotto
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
The wine gives the flavour a real boost. A wonderfully creamy risotto. Tip: Replace wine with the same amount of stock.
- Olive oil
- 2 medium aubergines, diced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups risotto rice
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 410g (1 can) chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 80g wild rocket
- Heat a glug of oil in a large pot and fry the aubergine until softened. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Heat another glug of oil and fry onions and garlic until soft. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed. Stir through tomatoes.
- Add stock, a little at a time, stirring continuously until rice is creamy and al dente.
- Fold through aubergine, Parmesan and rocket.
- Season and top with the extra Parmesan before serving.