Yogurt Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by gailwright
- 125g Butter
- 125ml sunflower oil ( or any cooking oil)
- 250ml water
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 300g Flour - plain or cake flour
- 400g Sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon bi carbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 150ml natural or plain yogurt
- For the Icing:
- 75g Butter - softened
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- In a saucepan, melt together butter, oil, water and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Now pour over the wet mixture, and stir well.
- Add eggs and yogurt, and stir well again.
- Pour mixture into a greased 12x8 inch baking pan or glass pyrex dish. This is a single layer cake, but Im sure you could use two 8" cake tins.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30 minutes.
- Icing: Mix all ingredients together with a small amount of milk. Pour over cake immediately.