Member recipe by pauldennis
- oil tablespoon
- 1 or 2 onions sliced or chopped as preferred
- 1 clove garlic (optional) grushed
- 450 (ish) grams mince beef
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika (optional) or to taste
- i tin tomatoes (chopped if possible)
- 1 tin baked beans and 1 tin red kidney beans (drained)
- OR 2 tins baked beans
- dollop brown sauce
- dollop red sauce
- about 250mls Bisto gravy (2 or3 teaspoons powder in water)
- green pepper chopped
- mushrooms halved or chopped
- Fry onions and garlic until soft in frying pan in the oil. Include peppers if using
- At the same time add all the contents of the tins into a saucepan over a moderate heat bring to boil then simmer and stir frequently to prevent burning
- Add mince to frying pan and brown . Add chilli and paprika (if using)
- add red sauce, brown sauce to taste and gravy and stir to the saucepan.
- Add mushrooms (if using). Keep simmering until sauce thickens a bit.
- Add the contents of the frying pan to the saucepan and stir.
- Simmer for the time it takes to cook the accompanying rice, pitta bread, pasta etc.
- Tip Keep checking the taste and adjust as necessary. This can be played about a bit according to taste.