Apple sherry and ginger desert
Member recipe by mothermary
stewed apple on a sherry soaked ginger biscuit base,topped with cream
- Packet of ginger biscuits
- 1lb cooking apples
- Carton double cream
- small glass of sherry
- chocolate decorations or flake
- Amarreto can be used instead of sherry if preferred.
- Peel,core and slice apples, cook until soft, leave to cool Crush ginger biscuits and place in bottom of 9-10inch glass flan dish or can be put in individual dishes.
- Pour sherry onto crushed ginger biscuits, then top with cooled stewed apple. Top with whipped double cream and decorate with chocolate bits or flake.