Hot and Sweet Mint Sauce
Member recipe by tobyanscombe
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Jar
- (american units)
- 3/4 cup of mint jelly
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero or jalapeno chili, seeded and minced. Leave seeds in for spicier sauce
- 3 tablespoons of thinly sliced mint leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried.
- Combine mint jelly, vinegar and chili in small pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently until thick and richly flacoured (about 5 mins)
- Stir in mint leaves and cook for 1-2 mins
- Remove from heat and if too sweet add a bit more vinegar. If too thick then add a bit of water