Member recipe by monzav
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- Ingredients for almond cake:
- 25g flaked almonds
- 25g mixed nuts
- 200g plain flour
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml honey
- 20g brown sugar
- Ingredients for chocolate mousse:
- 400g dark chocolate (70% Lindt)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200ml double cream
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 150g sugar
- 6 eggs ( 3 egg whites and 6 egg yolks)
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
- Almond cake: Roast the nuts in a hot pan for 5 mins until they are a pale golden colour. Cream together the butter, sugar, nuts, baking powder, eggs and honey.
- Add the flour until the dough just comes together - it will be soft. Carefully roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to a 1cm thickness.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 20 mins until just set.
- Chocolate mousse: Pour sugar and yolks into the heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk yolks with sugar till thick and creamy. Add double cream and cocoa. Whisk until combined and cream is warm to the touch.
- Remove the bowl from the pan. Add dark and milk chocolate, unsalted butter. Stir continuously until it is shiny, smooth, and completely melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Pour the egg whites into the chocolate cream and gently fold together.
- Pour the mousse over the cake and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
- More recipes with films on http://thecornerofpleasure.blogspot.com/