Homemade Bread Dough Basket
Member recipe by stelladias77
- * 200 grams Bread Flour
- * 4 grams Yeast
- * 20 grams Sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoons Salt To Taste
- * 100 milliliters Water
- * 1 whole Beaten Egg, Divided
- * 20 grams Butter, Melted
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and combine. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make a round ball and allow to rise for 10 minutes longer.
- Now take the ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a large square 11 x 11 inch and 1/8 thick.
- Cut the dough into strips 1/2 inch width.
- Weave your lattice design on a piece of oiled parchment paper.
- Lightly grease the top of the 7 inch diameter metal bowl (use butter or cooking spray). Now transfer the paper with the latticed dough into the metal bowl. Trim any excess dough
- Place the remaining 1/2 inch width long strips around the edge (rim) of the dough basket.
- Now place bowl on a greased baking tray and allow to rise for 35 minutes. Brush the remaining beaten egg over the basket.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes if basket is browning too quickly cover with foil.
- When basket is completely golden brown remove from oven. After cooled, remove bread basket from the bowl.Serve with butter or jam.