Gluten Free Key Lime Pie
Member recipe by easytiger-gb
A great gluten free dessert, fresh and fruity, perfect for summer or after a large meal. Prepare in advance and jazz up with candied fruit and cream just before serving.
- For the base:
- 1 packet Gluten Free Biscuits, eg Digestives. 150g, crushed
- 75g butter or margarine, unsalted
- For the filling:
- 1 x 397g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 200ml double cream
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- For the topping:
- 100ml double cream
- For decoration:
- 1 lime, halved and sliced
- 25g sugar
- zest of 2 limes
- or fresh fruit
- For the base: melt the butter and add 150g crushed biscuits. Press into a greased 10" flan dish with a spoon. Leave in the fridge to set (around 20 minutes).
- For the filling. Whisk the condensed milk, 200ml of cream and lime juice and zest and whisk until thick and creamy. Pour over the biscuit base. Leave in the fridge to set (around 30 minutes).
- Whisk the cream and pipe or pour over the lime topping. Use the fruit or decorations to finish. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.