Best Potato Salad
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
My favourite potato salad recipe of all time - this one gives a spicy, sour kick.
- 1 kg Mediterranean baby-potatoes, washed and cooked in salted water till soft but still firm
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, to keep potatoes moist
- For the sauce:
- 250ml tangy mayonnaise
- 125ml creme fraiche
- 4 gherkins, finely chopped
- 15 ml capers, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful dill and Italian parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- handful fresh baby rocket
- Carefully peel the potatoes and cut in halves or quarters. Gently sprinkle with olive oil to keep moist until needed.
- For the sauce: Mix together all the sauce ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix the sauce through the potatoes. Be careful not to over-mix as you don't want the potatoes to break apart. Top the potato salad with the rocket.
- Tip: Keep the salad at room temperature until serving. If it's too cold some of the flavours won't come through.