Cherry chocolate fudge bars
Member recipe by freyacm
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Bars
- 150g dark chocolate
- 120g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 150g soft dark brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 240g fresh or frozen pitted cherries, defrosted if frozen
- 100g Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan / Gas Mark 4. Line a 20cm/8inch square baking tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar, using an electric hand whisk, until light and doubled in volume. Stir in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the cherries, and Jordans Chocolate Country Crisp. Pour into prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spoon. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the cake is set and no longer wobbles when the tin is shaken slightly (it will still be quite sticky, but will firm up once cooled). Leave to cool completely in the tin, before cutting into bars.