Member recipe by pomeroy-pigs
- 2 large Onions
- 3 tbsp Chickpea Flour (plain Flour will be OK)
- 1 tsp garam masala (or to taste)
- Pinch of Chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Mango Chutney (the magic ingredient)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the Dip
- 4 tbsp Plain yogurt
- 2 tsp mint sauce straight from the jar
- Chop onions leaving plenty of longer strands as this improves the final presentation and fry off until soft and sweet. Leave to cool a little.
- Mix the cooked onions with all the other ingredients except the oil to create a lovely thick paste.
- Drop dessertspoon fulls into a hot oiled frying pan cooking for a minute or two on each side.
- Can be taken straight to the table or set aside and reheated in the oven later which works very well.
- Serve with a yogurt and mint dip - a simple plain yogurt and mint sauce mixture.