Zucchini & Ricotta Frittata
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3-4 small zucchini, hlaved lengthways, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 free-range eggs, lighty beaten, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup (120g) fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g shaved pecorino*, plus extra to serve
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a 20cm ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Fry the zucchini, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and half the basil and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 30 seconds unti fragrant. Don't overcook the vegetables, as you want them to have some bite. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same frypan over medium heat. Swirl oil around in the pan to coat the sides. when the pan is hot, add half the beaten egg, reduce the heat to low and cook for 1-2 minutes until set around the edges. Scatter over zucchini, then crumble over half the ricotta and scatter with half the chopped mint. Add the remaining egg and dot the top with remaining ricotta and the pecorino.
- Transfer the frypan to the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes until the egg is set and the cheese is melting.
- Remove the pan from the grill, then use a spatula to loosen the edges of the frittata from the pan. Gently ease the fritatta onto a large warmed plate or on a board. Scatter over the remaining chopped mint and some extra pecorino shavings, then serve with a rocket salad, if desired.