Grandma's Ginger Biscuits
Member recipe by autumncrocus
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Biscuits
Small delicious biscuits with a mild ginger flavour. Tend to disappear quite quickly.
- 110g butter
- 1 egg
- 225g self raising flour
- 225g sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Melt the butter, and mix in the beaten egg. (margarine can be used instead of the butter, but they do lose some of the melt in the mouth quality).
- Mix together the dry ingredients, and then add the butter/egg mix. Make sure these mix thoroughly, it may be necessary to use your hands.
- Shape the resulting dough into small balls roughly 2cm across.
- Place WELL APPART on a thoroughly greased tray, (About 6 on an average sized tray) and bake for 20-25 mins. (If they are still a bit pale after this, turn the oven up a fraction to brown them slightly).
- Leave to cool completely on the tray.