Member recipe by ebonypeters
ServingsServes 1 - 27 Biscuits
These cookies are a traditional Australian recipe. These were sent to the anzac's while they fought at Gallipoli, where my great great grandfather served for his country.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- preheat oven 180C / 350F. mix together flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar
- melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave. Mix the mix bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water and add to the melted butter and Golden Syrup.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- roll spoonful by spoonful of mixture, about the size of a walnut shell and place onto an oven try lined with baking paper. leaving space again between dollops to allow for spreading.
- press dollops down with a fork to flaten and proceed to bake for 15-20 minutes, Cool on a wire rack and seal in airtight containers.