White Chocolate+Brownie Torte
Member recipe by vickibroderick
Fantastic centrepiece for any dinner party - this cake is a rich and tasty treat!
- 300g White Chocolate
- 600ml Double Heavy Cream
- 250g Rich Chocolate Brownies (you can find brownie pieces at your local supermarket in the confectionary section)
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Strawberries to decorate.
- Dampen sides of an 8in tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Put chocolate into a small pan, add 150ml of cream and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth and pour into a bowl. Leave to cool.
- Break brownies into chunky pieces and put on the base of the tin. Pack down to make a dense base.
- Whip remaining cream until it makes peaks - fold in the chocolate mixture. Spoon into tin to cover brownies and level the chocolate mixture. Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight.
- Transfer the torte to the fridge about 45 mins before serving. Decorate with a light dusting of Cocoa Powder and strawberries just before serving.