Quick and Tasty Chorizo Pasta
Member recipe by rgardiner99
This is a very simple dish but tastes great with grated parmesan and garlic bread. A quick store cupboard tea for those in a rush!
- Dash of olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 20 or so thinly sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 250ml double cream
- 2 tea spoons of mild chilli power
- Black pepper
- Thinly sliced Chorizo
- 400g Tinned Tomatoes
- Enough pasta for 4 people
- Pour the oil into a large pan (a wok is the best option) and sautÃÂ© the onion, garlic and mushrooms until the onion is translucent, the garlic is cooked (but not brown) and the mushrooms are just about cooked.
- Add the chorizo and tinned tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes
- Whilst the sauce is cooking add your pasta to very salted boiling water (the Italians say the water should be as salty as the Mediterranean Sea).
- Add chilli powder, black pepper, fresh basil a sprinkle of salt to the sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stirring on a regular basis.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 5 minutes, stirring on a regular basis
- Drain the pasta once cooked and add to the sauce. Cooked on a high heat for 1 minute whilst stirring. Do not let it stick.
- Garnish with chopped basil, grated parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Serve with garlic bread.