Herby Potato Stacks
Member recipe by gh0sty
- 4 large Maris Piper potatoes
- 75ml/2½fl oz fruity olive oil
- plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- To make the potato stacks - preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- First slice the potatoes (no need to peel them) about two mm thick, either by hand, if you can trust your hand and knife co-ordination, or on a mandolin slicer. Dump the potatoes into a large bowl, without washing, and add the olive oil and herbs.
- Toss well with your hands, making sure the potatoes are evenly coated. Season with a little salt and pepper and toss again to mix.
- Brush a heavy baking sheet with a little olive oil and start to build eight stacks of the potato slices. Try to make them look random, and incorporate as many of the herbs as you can. Sprinkle any remaining herbs and olive oil left in the bowl around and over the potato stacks.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown at the edges and tender all the way through. You can test this by inserting a thin skewer through the middle of a stack - it should slip through easily. Serve immediately or turn the oven low and keep warm for up to 30 minutes.