Triple Ginger Cheesecake
Member recipe by sadmonky
Recipe was in May 2009 magazine by Jacque Smith - but not in websiste - was absolutley fantastic!
- 200g/8oz Ginger Biscuits
- 100g/4oz Unsalted Butter
- 400g/14oz Full-Fat Soft Cheese
- 50g/2oz Icing Sugar
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 100g/4oz Greek Yoghurt
- 50g/2oz Crystallised Ginger, chopped
- roasted rhubarb or other seasonal fruit compote (faily tart) for the topping (adding chinese stem ginger syrup to the fruit helps follow the theme)
- Double Cream to serve - (optional extravagence)
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (or crush in a sealed bag) until you get fine crumbs. Gently melt the butter, then mix with the crumbs in a bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed round cake tin (no larger!). Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Put all remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread over the base, smoothing with a palette knife, but leave a shallow depression to contain the topping. Leave overnight in the fridge to set (or longer, which intensifies the ginger flavours).
- Remove from the tin and top with your chosen fruit, slice and serve with double cream.