Australian lamb chops Madrid
Member recipe by mariabjo
A delicious lamb dish with mild australian lamb and a refreshing spanish twist
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- 12 Australian lamb chops, 1 ÃÂÃÂ¼ inch thick (3 per person)
- SEASONED OIL BLEND
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Â½ teaspoon garlic salt
- SHERRY APRICOT GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Â½ cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry sherry
- Â½ cup apricots, dry, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, prepare seasoned oil blend and liberally coat chops.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan. Add chops and brown on both sides until light brown. Remove chops and keep warm. Discard fat.
- Add onions to pan and sautÃÂÃÂ© until soft. Add sherry, reduce by one-third. Remove the onions and discard. Add apricots, brown sugar, parsley and butter; blend well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.