Pumpkin and Feta Salad
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 1kg peeled and seeded pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (80g) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 100g marinated feta
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan).
- Toss pumpking and unpeeled garlic cloves with 2 tbsp olive oil and place in a single layer in a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove garlic and turn pumpkin. Bake for a further 20 minutes, or until tender and edges are beginning to brown.
- For dressing, peel roasted garlic and place in a food processor. Add lemon juice and remaining olive oil and whiz to combine. (You can also use the oil from the marinated feta - if there are flavours and not just oil eg. safron and chilli marinated feta).
- Combine warm pumpkin with pine nuts, feta and spinach, then gently toss with dressing. Season to taste and serve.