Tuna Pasta Bake
Member recipe by mrdugal
A nice easy tuna pasta bake with tomato and mascarpone sauce. Goes well with a simple tomato, rocket and parmesan salad.
- 400g tubular pasta (e.g.- rigatoni)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of tuna in sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 50g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- small handful of basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/ gas 7. Cook the pasta in salted water for 5 minutes less than it says on the pack.
- Chop the onion as finely as possible and crush the garlic, fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until the onion starts to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mascarpone cheese and stir until the cheese has fully melted into the sauce. Drain the tuna and add to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stir until the pasta is coated then transfer to a casserole dish. Sprinkle over the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.