Stuffed Mushroom with Orzo.
Member recipe by mocha17000
- 3 Portabello mushrooms
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 Jack Hawkin's tomato
- 125g mozzarella, in small cubes
- 2 slices of toast, in breadcrumbs
- 3-4 sundried tomato, finely sliced
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1.5tbsp capers
- handful of fresh basil,finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 150g Orzo(see below)
- Enough water to cook orzo
- 1 batch of tomato sauce (see below)
- Sugarsnaps and fresh basil to serve
- Scatter garlic over mushrooms, place on baking tray, drizzle with oil and preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C.
- Cut 3 slices of the Jack Hawkin's and place over mushrooms, drizzle over a little more olive oil.
- Make the topping. In a seperate bowl mix together the mozzarella, breadcrumbs, both types of tomato, capers, basil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Place mixture on top of tomatoes, to prevent mixture falling off place cooking ringson the tomato and press down the mixture.Place in oven.
- 10 minutes into the cookin of the mushrooms start cooking the orzo, after seven minutes steam or boil the sugarsnaps for two minutes. Drain orzo and mix with tomato sauce. Take mushrooms out of oven and serve it all up and enjoy!
- Orzo is an italian pasta, it literally translates as barley due to its close resemblance to it, but it also looks like little, wide grains of rice, quite hard to find, try your local delicatessan.
- Type in tomato sauce in the Good food search tab. then click on option saying show member recipes, and go down to the one by 'Oli Dude' it has a picture