Member recipe by cheesepuff
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Fingers
Absolutely Scrumptious! Perfect nibbles at parties and as nibbles for unexpected visitors or people round for a cup of tea! You will love them.
- 56g of Plain Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Cayenne Pepper OR Ground Paprika
- 70g of Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 14g of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 56g of Butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Only if needed: 1 tbs of milk
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Sieve the flour, salt and pepper/paprika into a bowl. Add the butter and rub well. Once rubbed well ad the grated cheese and briefly stir.
- Moisten with egg yolk. Knead into a ball. If the mixture is still oo crumbly add the milk to it and then knead into a ball. Sprinkle some flour on a work surface. Roll the mixture out into a square and cut into thin strips (1cm).
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with any remaining egg yolk if you would like. Bake them for 12 - 15 mins or until golden. Cool them on a wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy them!