Sirloin Steak,Pizzaiola Sauce
Member recipe by jchapman1964
- 4 thinly-cut sirloin steaks
- a splash of White wine
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 10 tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- 5 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml beef stock
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- fresh pasta, to serve (optional)
- new potatoes (optional)
- Heat a heavy-based pan. Add the olive oil and garlic
- Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground pepper. Quickly brown them on both sides. Add the tomatoes and the stock and turn down the heat. Sprinkle Oregano over the meat and tomatoes, partially cover the pan then simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Lift the meat from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Increase the heat and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes until it has reduced by half.
- Add the cooked steaks to the pan. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the steaks and serve with New Potatoes or Pasta and a few leaves of rocket