Member recipe by shazza59
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
A scone based snack that can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or make a meal of them.
- For the base
- 8oz S/R Flour
- 2oz Margarine
- 2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 6-8 tbsp of milk
- Sprinkle of Dried Mixed Herbs
- For the filling
- 4oz of bacon, derind & chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- half a can of baked beans
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 4oz grated cheddar cheese
- Put the flour into the bowl, add the marg and mix till it resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the cheese and mix together with the milk. Knead the dough until smooth an pliable.
- Gently fry the chopped bacon, add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the water and tomato puree to the bacon and onions, then add the baked beans. Stir and leave to cool.
- Roll out the dough to about a 10inch square. Spread the filling to within half inch of the edges. Sprinkle 2 oz of the cheese over the top of the filling. Dampen the edges of the dough with a little water and roll up like a Swiss roll. Seal the edges with a little water and cut into 2 inch rounds.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tops of the swirls.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on Gas 7, Electric 190
- Delicious Hot or Cold