Turkey Gravy using Giblets
Member recipe by samwillis01
Using the Giblets from your Turkey and your own stock to make fresh gravy... VERY easy!
- Giblets from the turkey (no liver or kidney)
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed and cut into four pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100ml Madeira, or sweet or medium sherry
- While the turkey is roasting, put the giblets, onion, carrot and salt in a large pan, and cover with one litre of cold water. Bring gently to the boil, then turn down to simmer with a lid half on for one hour.
- While the turkey is resting, before carving, finish off the gravy. Remove all but a few spoonfuls of the juices from the 7 roasting tin into a bowl and skim off any fat. Add the flour to the tin and stir well.
- Add the Madeira and cook for one minute, then strain the hot giblet stock into the tin followed by the skimmed juices from roasting the turkey and stir well. Cook for another minute. Strain into a heated sauce boat.