Banana & Lime Cheesecake
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 125g plain sweet biscuits
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 80g butter, melted
- 500g light cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar, extra
- BASE - Process biscuits and mixed spice to fine crumbs in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and process to combined.
- Press into a lined, well buttered 20cm springform pan to cover base. Refrigerate.
- FILLING - beat together cream cheese, caster sugar and lime rind and juice until smooth.
- Add egg yolks and banana and beat until well combined.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually whisk in extra sugar.
- Gently fold into cheese mixture and pour into prepared springform tin.
- Bake at 180C for 60-70 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and cool in tin.