Banana Berry Loaf
Member recipe by gillespt
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
This loaf is a healthy twist on the classic and is sure to leave you coming back for more. A nutritious and delicious snack everyone is sure to enjoy!
- 100g Margarine
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Large bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 175 mL Fat-free rasperry yogurt
- 180g Whole wheat flower
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 50g Craisins (original)
- 50g semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/ conventional 180C/gas Grease a 20 x 13cm loaf tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the margarine and brown sugar with an electric beater or with a fork.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, chocolate chips, craisins and yogurt.
- Fold in flour and baking soda until evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mix into the greased tin and level the top
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes or until middle is only slightly moist - check this using a toothpick or skewer.
- Once you remove the loaf from the oven let cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from tin.