Beef, Parma ham & mozzarella
Member recipe by vstothard
- 2 x 6oz pieces of beef fillet
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1oz freshly grated parmesan
- 2 slices Parma ham
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1oz unssalted butter2tbsp white wine
- 2tbsp beef stock
- 125g ball mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- Place the steaks on a board, cover with cling film and beat each steak until they are about 5mm thick. Place 1 sage leaf on top of each steak, sprinkle with parmasan and season with freshly ground black pepper. Top each steak with a slice of Parma ham, pushing down firmly so the ham seals itself to the steak.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a frying pan. cook the fillets, ham side up. Heat the grill to high.
- Add the chopped sage to the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds, then pour in the wine and stock and boil until reduced by half. whisk in the remaining butter and season ifyou like. top each setak with two slices of mozzarella and grill until the cheese melts. Spoon over the sage butter when serving the steaks.