Member recipe by nawazcook
- 1 whole fish (pomfret, surmai, rawas)
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Paste :
- 1 1/2" piece ginger
- 8 pods garlic
- 2" piece papaya
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash fish. Pat dry. Apply the ground paste all over, inside the fish as well.
- Make 4 gashes on either side of the fish. Marinate for 1 hour in a cool place.
- Skewer lengthwise and cook in tandoor, or on charcoal barbeque or in an oven.
- Turn the fish every ten minutes and cook till lightly browned.
- Heat oil and brush on the fish with a pastry brush, while cooking. Sprinkle with garam masala
- Cook till done. Serve hot with slices of onion and wedges of lemon.