Artichoke and mushroom soup
Member recipe by davidnunn1
A very tasty and comforting soup with a creamy texture (but without any added cream!)
- 500 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1.5 tsp thyme
- 25g butter or cooking margarine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 750 ml vegetable stock (eg Buillon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and margarine/butter in saucepan and add onion, garlic and celery. Cook for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, and cook until they start to become soft.
- Add sliced artichokes, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for around 20 minutes, or until the artichokes begin to disintegrate. Add salt and pepper as required.
- Liquidise with a hand blender and serve.