- 250g Napolina Gluten Free red lentil penne
- 1 tbsp Napolina olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g pack chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Napolina chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Napolina tomato purée
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 50g gluten-free breadcrumbs
METHOD1. Boil and drain the Napolina Gluten Free red lentil penne following packet instructions.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat the Napolina olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion, mushrooms and peppers over a high heat for 5-6 mins, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, then stir in the Napolina chopped tomatoes, vinegar, Napolina tomato purée and chilli flakes. Cook for another 5 mins to thicken.
3. Stir the pasta into the sauce. Let it simmer for 2 mins, then spoon into a baking dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and breadcrumbs and grill for 5 mins, until the top is golden and bubbly.