Looking to improve your cake decorating skills? Our in-depth master class will teach you how to achieve near professional results.
Learn everything you need to know about cake decorating with our in-depth master class. led by former BBC Good Food recipe developer, Liberty Mendez, who has worked as a professional pastry chef in many London kitchens, including The Ritz and The House of Commons.
In this masterclass, you will learn everything you need from how to work with different types of buttercream, to how to make the perfect cake base and decorative techniques using the that achieve very different effects.
Watch and learn how to:
- Arrange your kitchen, the best equipment to use and how to improvise if you don't have it!
- Make different types of buttercream depending on the finish you want
- Ice cake layers and add a crumb coat followed by a final smooth buttercream icing
- Make different colours and textures
- Transport your cake once it’s finished
- Make your icing look smooth and professional
- Detailed expert advice covering best practice
- Troubleshooting question and answer session