Raise money for Comic Relief by throwing a bake sale on Red Nose Day. Maltesers® share tips for creating a showstopping charity spread.
Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day is a great excuse for people across the country to get together and do something fun for money. So why not do some baking for this Red Nose Day on Friday 13 March, and hold your own bake sale to help raise even more funds?
It will give you the chance to spoil your friends, family and work mates with lovely cake, but it also means Comic Relief can use the money you raise to help people living incredibly tough lives across the UK and Africa. Just £180 is enough to pay for three orphaned children in Zambia to go to school for a year, while £100 could pay for 20 lonely older people in the UK to go to a dinner club and make new friends. Every bit really does count.
Read on for pointers on where to start and how to make your bake sale a real showstopper with Maltesers®. So go on, what are you waiting for?
Get ready for your bake sale with Maltesers®
Whether you do it at work, at school, or your local community centre, organising a bake sale is easy, as we've created a Bake Yourselves Silly pack to help you get it off to a great start. Follow these easy steps for a top sale:
• Download the Bake Yourselves Silly pack from our Maltesers® site.
• Get your friends and family to join in on the fun.
• Have a look at the tasty recipes on our Maltesers® site or bake our Maltesers® Red Nose Day surprise cake.
• Buy your ingredients – including Maltesers® or Teasers to add extra deliciousness to your cakes.
• Bake yourselves silly!
• Use the downloadable pack to add pizzazz. There are flags to decorate your cakes with, rosettes to award the yummiest and silliest, a stencil to help you add an icing sugar smiley face to creations and a table talker to help you advertise your sale.
Go all out and create the Maltesers® Red Nose Day surprise cake - find the recipe here.