Putting on a dinner party for friends? Make your night extra special with these serving suggestions brought to you by Ocado.
Planning on entertaining? Let Ocado help you serve just the right amount to your guests with these delicious, portioned dinner ideas. Just bear in mind, it’s always best to have too much rather than too little – you want your guests to leave happy and with full bellies, after all! If you do have any leftovers, you can always incorporate them into meals throughout the rest of the week.
1. As your guests arrive, hand them a glass of invigorating Veuve Clicquot Demi-Sec Champagne and let them nibble on olives that are a little bit special. Try serving juicy Jamie Oliver Sicilian Queen Olives that have been marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, herbs and spices. Aim to serve around seven olives per person.
Discover Ocado’s full range of olives.
2. If you’re having a smallish gathering with around four people, a homemade smoked mackerel pâté served with slices of toasted sourdough bread will be the perfect starter. A nice change from smoked salmon, you’ll only need one pack of Sound Seafood Smoked Peppered Mackerel fillets to create a small bowl of fresh pâté. If you’re short on time, buy The Dip Society Smoked Mackerel Pâté.
3. Why not try giving a classic dish such as the prawn cocktail a twist for your starter? Just use around five chopped crabsticks per serving, then top each with one large succulent Waitrose King Prawn in Lemon, Garlic & Parsley.
4. One-pot dishes are great for letting your guests serve themselves and manage their own portion sizes. And what could be a more classic dinner party one-pot dish than paella? Add a couple of these sweet Waitrose Madagascan Crevettes per person to make it taste extra special.
5. Want to serve steak for your main? Go for a bavette cut – it’s just as tasty as more expensive cuts, and it’s easy to cook. One pack of Waitrose 2 British Beef Bavette Steaks will be enough for two people when served with some creamed spinach or chunky chips.
6. Succulent chicken breasts wrapped in Parma ham or pancetta is another guaranteed crowd-pleaser, but streaky bacon is a cheaper, equally delicious alternative. About four rashers of Spoiltpig Smoked Dry Cured Streaky Bacon per chicken breast should do the job nicely.
7. Go old school with your dessert and serve sticky toffee pudding. You’ll get two good servings out of this family-sized Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding. Needless to say, it won’t be complete without a helping of warm, creamy custard.
8. Profiteroles are the perfect dinner party dessert. Estimate about five per person for a generous helping of Rule of Crumb Salted Caramel & Chocolate Sauce Profiteroles. Serve with a couple of fresh strawberries.
9. Cheesecake is also a great idea when it comes to a dinner party dessert, as you can ensure there’s at least one slice per person. A teaspoon of Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract is just as good as using vanilla bean seeds when it comes to making it. And if you know your friends have a bit of a sweet tooth, you could serve each cheesecake slice with a scoop of ice cream.