Is it feasible to cook from voice?
- The skill has been designed to be as user friendly as possible. Users can pause and repeat steps whenever they wish, enabling them to follow the recipe at their own speed.
- Some users will understandably prefer to have a visual aid to accompany the cooking process, so a URL link to the recipe will also be sent to the user’s phone so they can view the recipe in tandem on bbcgoodfood.com.
- This is the first Good Food product produced for voice, and we’ll be listening carefully to all feedback from users as we try to make it the best it can be.
Will the recipes work?
- The recipes are automatically served from bbcgoodfood.com, and are exactly the same recipes that have been triple-tested and are live on the web.
Could she mispronounce anything?
- Because we’ve worked closely with Amazon’s ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) templates, the skill’s speech is as advanced as voice technology can be. This is, however, a new platform, so all user feedback will be welcomed and developed.
She doesn’t understand me?
- Because we’ve worked closely with Amazon’s ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) templates, the skill’s speech is as advanced as voice technology can be. This is, however, a new platform, so please let us know if you’re having trouble.
What if I can’t find my favourite recipe?
- All of Good Food’s 11k recipes are available via Alexa. We’ve worked hard with the filtering design to help you navigate these recipes as seamlessly as possible.
- Users who have linked their Alexa with MyGF can also find their saved recipes by simply saying ‘Tell me my saved recipes’.
- This is a new platform, so please let us know if you’re having trouble.
Why won’t she read my own recipes?
- Member recipes are not currently available via Alexa as they haven’t been tested in the Good Food kitchen and we can’t guarantee their success. This is one of many developments we’ll be looking at in future.
When will Good Food recipes be available on other voice devices, eg. Google Home?
- We’re in the process of exploring voice opportunities on all platforms and are looking to have updates in the new year.
Read our guide on how to use the BBC Good Food Alexa skill