Enter our competition to win two Eurostar tickets to London by posting your best 'éclair stare' on Instagram or Twitter
How to enter.
Show us your eclair stare!
In celebration of our brand-new, éclair-filled magazine cover, we want you to tag us on Twitter or Instagram in your most creative, fun 'éclair stare' photos or videos. Take a snap of yourself eating an éclair and share it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #gfeclairstare for your chance to win two Business Premier Eurostar tickets to Paris, the home of the éclair.
We'll be looking for the most original entries, so don't be afraid to get messy! The competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18 only, and closes at midnight on Friday 20th May 2016. See below for the full terms and conditions.
The prize, courtesy of Eurostar:
The winner and their guest will start their weekend in style relaxing in Eurostar’s exclusive Business Premier Lounge where they can enjoy a little luxury over some French pastries before setting off to Paris. They will experience the very finest on-board dining with a menu designed by Michelin starred chef and Eurostar Business Premier Culinary Director, Raymond Blanc. With seamless city-centre to city-centre travel and a generous baggage allowance, the winner and their guest will reach the heart of Paris in just over two hours, and in the quiet, spacious surroundings of a Business Premier carriage they’ll find the freedom to unwind...
Terms & conditions:
1. The BBC Code of Conduct (the “Code”) for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC Worldwide (“BBCW”) promotions must comply with the Code.
2. The Competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except BBCW or BBC employees, and anyone BBCW deems to be connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
3. By entering the Competition, the Entrants agree:
- to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
- that their full name and place of residence may be released if they win a prize;
- that should they win the Competition, their name and likeness may be used by BBCW for pre-arranged promotional purposes
4. No purchase is necessary to enter.
5. The Competition will run for a period of 26 days, opening at 3pm on Monday 25th April and closing at midnight on Friday 20th May. (“Closing Date”). After the Closing Date, 1 (one) winner will be selected based on the criteria set out in clause 10.
6. Entrants should take a photograph or video of themselves eating an éclair. The judges will be looking for original and creative submissions, and entrants should post entries using the hashtag #gfeclairstare on Twitter or Instagram prior to the Closing Time in order to enter the Competition.
7. Only one (1) entry will be permitted per person regardless of method of entry and bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple simultaneous entries) will not be permitted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered. Entries cannot be returned.
8. All entries must be the original work of the Entrant and must not contravene the rights of third parties. By entering the Competition, the Entrant grants to BBCW a perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use the work for all purposes connected with the Competition, including but not limited to post-promotion publicity.
10. There will be 1 (one) winning Entrant in the Territory (“Winner(s)”). The Winner(s) will be judged by a panel of 3 Good Food judges appointed by BBCW. The winning entry will be selected by the judges as the most creative and well-thought-out submission. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into in respect of such decision.
11. The prize for the Competition will be 2 Eurostar Business Premier tickets to Paris, traveling from London St Pancras, valid until 31 October 2016 and excluding bank holidays. Travel is subject to availability and does not include travel to and from the stations. (the “Prize”).
12. The Winner(s) will be notified on Monday 23rd May by private message on Twitter or Instagram. If the Winner(s) is unable to be contacted within one calendar month of the Closing Date of the Competition, BBCW reserves the right to offer the Prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the Prize in any future BBCW competition.
13. On successful contact and confirmation with the Winner(s) BBCW will send the Prize to the Winner(s) to a designated address, by post or courier. BBCW will not be liable for any disruption, delay, strike action or incorrect delivery by any postal or courier service.
14. There is no cash alternative and the Prize will not be transferable. BBCW accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included in the Prize. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, BBCW reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value.
15. The name and county of residence of the Winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self addressed envelope to BBC Good Food, BBC Worldwide, TVC, 101 Wood Lane, White City, London, W12 7FA within two months of the closing date of the Competition.
16. Any promotional activity or press release the Winner makes in relation to the Competition must be pre-approved by BBCW in writing.
17. BBCW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Competition or occurring to the Winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
18. BBCW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Competition or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize. Claims relating to the prize should be made directly to the manufacturer. You agree to release Twitter and Instagram from all liability whatsoever in connection with the Competition.
19. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to BBC Worldwide and not to Twitter or Instagram.
20. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
21. BBCW reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the Competition or the Prize at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
22. The Competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
23. Promoter: BBC Worldwide Limited, TVC, 101 Wood Lane, London W12 7FA.