This class covers everything you need to know to work successfully with different types of buttercream. From how to layer a cake to crumb coating and adding a top coat of icing, Liberty will show you how to make the perfect cake base. She’ll then move on to show you how to use three different decorative techniques using the same icing base to give very different effects.
Each technique is explained and Liberty will cover how to make variations in colour, tricks to make your icing look smooth and professional and what you equipment you’ll need. She’ll also cover troubleshooting tips and you can ask questions about any problems you may have encountered.
Thursday 16th September, 12pm and Thursday 30th September, 6pm. In this 90-minute webcast you’ll learn a range of cake decorating techniques and tricks. Tickets cost just £12.50.
- How to arrange your kitchen before you begin
- Make different types of buttercream depending on the finish you want
- Learn how to ice cake layers and add a crumb coat followed by a final smooth buttercream icing
- Understand how different ingredients can affect your icing
- Learn about the equipment that you’ll need to do the best job, and how to improvise if you don’t have something
- What to think about when choosing a decoration
- How to make different colours and texture
- How to transport your cake once it’s finished
Please note: if you have any difficulty booking, please email GoodFoodLearning@immediate.co.uk