Points to remember:
- Keep vegetables chunky so that they retain their shape.
- Use 1/3 less liquid when cooking in a slow cooker.
- Submerge herbs in the liquid so that you get the most from their flavour.
- Brown meat first to add flavour.
- Thicken sauces with a little cornflour mixed with water if needed.
- You can put a slow cooker on before you go to bed or when you go to work as it cooks very gently and evenly.
- You can also make sweet things in a slow cooker - such as our slow cooker cheesecake.
Check out some more slow cooker recipes:
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…