Points to remember
- To make a Thai green curry paste, put lemongrass and lime juice into a small bowl and leave to soak for 30 minutes to soften.
- Put a small pan over a medium heat and dry-fry your spices for about 1 minute until fragrant, here we use peppercorns, coriander and cumin seeds.
- Pulse the lemongrass, spices, shallots, kaffir lime peel, bird’s eye chillies, sliced galangal, shrimp paste and coriander in a small food blender.
- Scrape down the sides from time to time. Try to get as smooth a paste as possible.
- To make the curry, open the cans of coconut milk and carefully remove the thick cream and put it into a warm wok or large frying pan. Cook it slowly, stirring all the time, until it reduces to a thick paste and the oil starts to separate. Add the green curry paste and cook for 1-2 mins. Add the chicken and stir until well coated in the paste.
- Slowly add the coconut water from the cans together with the chicken stock. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins until the chicken is cooked. Add more stock if necessary - the sauce should be slightly thinner than single cream.
- To serve spoon some rice into a bowl, pour over the curry and sprinkle with coriander leaves, sliced chilli and spring onion. Add a wedge of lime on the side.