How to check that homemade jam is at setting point.
Points to remember
- Put your plate in the freezer for about fifteen minutes before taking it out to test a spoonful of hot jam.
- Push your finger through the jam on the plate - you're looking for it to wrinkle and not flood back in to fill the gap.
- If it's not ready, turn the pan back on, simmer for five minutes and test again.
- Turn the heat off while you test - you don't want to overcook the jam if it has set.
- Wash your place and pop it back in the freezer if you do need to re-test.